MARK YOUR CALENDAR and VOLUNTEER!!!
THE VERY FIRST SAQA INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE COMES TO TORONTO
DOWNTOWN HILTON HOTEL
MARCH 19-22, 2020
|If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online|
Hello SAQA people!
I hope all is well with all of you.
The Guelph/Fergus pod had a lovely meeting at my house yesterday, discussing recent work and photo transfer techniques. They saw a robin on my street! Isn’t that great? Our next meeting is in Guelph on Sunday May 27 (NB: changed from Saturday May 26).
The retreaters are getting excited about spending time together in April in Crieff.
I know the Toronto pod is meeting this Wednesday and Niagara on April 2. Have a fun time!
I am heading to Texas next week for a 3 week road trip with Fred, destination San Antonio for the conference. Can’t wait! Hope to see some of you there. Also, SAQA would love to get a photo of your 12”x12” Benefit Auction piece by April 1st so it can be included in their promotional material. If you have it done and can get it to me before March 28, I can deliver it for you.
And the big News!!!! Call for Volunteers!
SAQA CONFERENCE, TORONTO!
MARCH 19-22, 2020
Here is a list of committees/tasks that we will be doing for the 2020 SAQA conference at the downtown Hilton Hotel in Toronto. I hope you will consider joining us to help create a spectacular event.
My role, as Chair of the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) will be to interface with SAQA and help the committees run smoothly.
Regional Exhibition (Canada)
- Tracey Lawko is chair of this committee email@example.com
- we are looking for a theme/name for this show ASAP, please send ideas to me and Tracey
- this committee needs to get to work right away
- we hope it will travel and have a catalogue
Possible Exhibition at the Hilton during the conference?
- invitational for regional reps/board members to hang in hotel
- please send ideas to me ASAP - brief, sassy, smart, something we can build a conference around
- e.g. 2018 TEXtiles is in San Antonio, Texas (clever, right?)
- Friday night we will go out in small groups for dinner
- organize this event, choose and reserve great local restaurants
- help SAQA mat the pieces and place in cellophane envelope, plus add label
Local Gallery and Museum Tours
Pre and Post Conference Bus Tours?
- e.g. Niagara, St Jacob’s/Elora
Local Transportation during Conference
- gather tourist materials from galleries, museums, restaurants, Toronto maps
- program guide, lanyard, banquet tickets, hotel floor plan etc
- gifts from sponsors?
Volunteers for each presentation/workshop during Conference
- man the doors, run errands etc
- can be any conference attendee
Local person to receive boxes of Conference supplies
- recruit advertisers and sponsors
Please let me know by email where you best see yourself and if you are willing to chair a committee, or would prefer a helper role. I will be sending this invitation to participate to the other regions in Canada as some jobs can be done with email/internet and the more all Canadian SAQA members are involved, the better!
Central Canada Regional Representative
Studio Art Quilts Associates