Friday, May 8, 2015

SAQA posts their new "SUMMER IN THE CITY" Virtual Gallery... and two of our SAQA Central Canada Artists are included... congrats!

Camden Town, Heather Dubreuil, Hudson, QC


Terry Waldron is our guest curator for this month's online gallery - Summer in the City.

Her comments:

"When I was in high school, we lived in Stamford, Connecticut so my father could commute to NYC for his job. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I woud go with him so I could visit all the art museums I could fit in that day before I'd go meet Dad to ride the train back home. I just loved wandering through "The City That Never Sleeps." These wonderful pieces of work remind me of that time and that place." 
Unexpected Sighting, Phillida Hargreaves, Kingston,


Having your work selected for one of the monthly virtual galleries is a lovely benefit for our Juried Artist Members. Enjoy the whole collection of SUMMER IN THE CITY pieces at the link at the top of this post.


Selected Artists:

Anita Kaplan
B. J. Adams
Dena Dale Crain
Floris Flam
Gay Lasher
Heather Dubreuil
Judith Plotner
K. Velis Turan
Kate Themel
Linda Anderson

 
 Happy Mother's Day to each of our SAQA Central Moms!
Natalya Aikens
Pam RuBert
Patricia Anderson Turner
Phillida Hargreaves
Sandy Gregg
Susan Bleiweiss
Valerie S. Goodwin
Willy Doreleijers
Yael David-Cohen