SAQA CENTRAL CANADA REGIONAL MEETING
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2014
(Central Canada Regional Group - Kingston and area)
Belleville Public Library,
The John M Parrott Art Gallery,
Meeting Room - third Floor
223 Pinnacle Street in downtown Belleville
10am to 3pm
1. CREATIVE BUFFET - bring your newest work for sharing, or the project on which you have come to a stop and would like help getting started again
2. SAQA NEWS - Bethany will share Calls to Entry, Conference news and highlights for 2015
3. BROWN BAG LUNCH (or pick up a bite in the coffee shop at the Library) - Tea, Coffee and goodies will be supplied
4. GALLERY TOUR with Curator, Susan Holland:
This should be a real treat. Two photographic exhibits will be in place in the large Gallery Rooms. Susan has offered a tour and will answer questions about hanging an Exhibition - and as a long time Gallery Curator with experience selecting and hanging many exhibits including fibre (Synthesis II was in both Galleries), will share what SHE is looking for in choosing work for the Gallery.
5. DISCUSSION - We will meet after the Gallery walk through to discuss the process of applying to galleries for Exhibition space. We will have members in attendance who have been through this and are happy to share.
And, don't forget to participate in our popular BRING, and BUY OR TRADE TABLE... any fabrics, threads, books, products or other studio treats you have discovered and want to share, or no longer need, could be exactly what someone else has been looking for.
PLEASE RSVP to Robin Field: email@example.com
Your SAQA Central/Kingston and area Planning Committee:
Robin Field, Peta Gillyatt Bailey, Diana Hogan and especially this month, Joan Reive
(Joan arranged this special meeting for us with the John Parrott Gallery)
Take Highway 401 to the Hwy. 62 South Exit at Belleville. Turn South at the exit ramp and follow Hwy 62 south into the downtown area of Belleville (no turns), bearing left onto Pinnacle Street at the "Y" just over the bridge. The Library will be on your left. (Red brick, curved front building). On street parking or a lot on the street that is alongside the library. Parking metres take loons/quarters.