|Walking Through The Hardwoods, Tracey Lawko|
The SAQA Jury panel for this year has just met this past weekend to consider the submissions for this year's new JURIED ARTIST MEMBERS. Congratulations to Tracey Lawko, SAQA Central Canada member, as she has just received her notification and welcome from the Jury Panel to the prestigious list of SAQA Juried Artists.
Tracey is an award-winning textile artist, quilter, longarmer and embroiderer. She combines her love of traditional needlework techniques with free-motion longarm machine stitching to create densely stitched landscapes and richly textured still life art.
Her textile art has been selected for national and international juried shows including:
* National Juried Show of the Canadian Quilters Association
* Niche Awards of the Buyers Market of American Craft
* Convergence at the Tom Tompson Art Gallery
* Fibreworks at Cambridge Galleries
* THREADWORKS 2013 touring through Ontario
* Ontario Craft of the Ontario Crafts Council
* Grand National Quilt Show
* World Quilt Show in the US
* One of Tracey's small works, donated to the SAQA Traveling Trunk Show 2014, was selected for permanent inclusion in a collection at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah KY after traveling though 2016.
Tracey’s textile art is available through David Kaye Gallery in Toronto and Craft Ontario Shop in Yorkville