On August 23rd and 24th 2014, the biggest fibre festival in Quebec comes back for a third edition, at the Complexe Whissel in Saint-André-Avellin in the Outaouais.
This one-of-a-kind event will feature tons of fibre-y activities, textile professionals, artisans, artists, exhibitors, fibre producers, livestock producers, and more!
Here is a list of the attractions that have been scheduled for this year’s event:
• More than 100 exhibitors and vendors selling supplies and textile creations
• The Québon area, which will include many free activities for children
• More than 30 workshops to discover or improve techniques in knitting, spinning, felting, dyeing, marketing, and even yoga sessions for knitters
• A mini fibre-animal-farm, featuring angora goats, alpacas, angora rabbits and Shetland sheep
• The textile art exhibit "TRADITION: Revisited", at the Centre d’action culturelle Papineau, works from international artists
Fibre Art is Trendy!
This wonderfully crafted festival offers a full immersion into the world of textile fibre by linking traditional and modern techniques. "We want to break the myth of macramé and granny squares with original and inspiring new elements!" says Marie-Anne Adam, textile artist and member of the festival team.
From Sheep to Rug?
Orchestrated by master spinner Diane Gonthier and weaver Suzanne Cossette, TWIST brings a new take on the traditional "sheep to shawl" activity that presents comprehensively the transformation of sheep’s wool to finished product all in a days work! Saturday from 10am till Sunday 2pm: artisans will shear, spin, and weave a completely twisted rug!
Here is an opportunity to build relationships and celebrate fibre in all its glory with thousands of other enthusiasts on August 23rd and 24th for the 3rd edition of the Twist Fibre Festival!
A detailed program of the Festival as well as workshop descriptions and schedules are now available at www.festivaltwist.org.
The Twist Fibre Festival is a non-profit organization. Amélie Blanchard, founder and president of the event, accompanied by her "twisted" crew, organizes this major festival that brings together fibre enthusiasts from throughout Quebec, the Maritimes, Ontario, and the United States.
Single Admission: $ 7 per day; free for children under 12.
530 Rue Auguste Charles Montreuil